There's nothing like our grandmothers' good recipes for cleaning naturally!
This is why in this article we suggest you make your multi-purpose household cleaner natural. Simple, healthy for you, your family and the environment and above all economical!
Ingredients and utensils needed (for +/- 2.5L of natural multi-purpose cleaner):
- A 750 ml spray bottle
- 750 ml of white vinegar household vinegar at 14°C
- 2 oranges (or 5 clementines) of organic origin
- 1 bottle with a capacity of 1 litre, glass with wide mouth
- 1.5 L of osmosis water (you can find it in some pet stores or at aquarium and fish retailers)
- A graduated 1 liter measuring cup
Natural Multi-Purpose Cleansing Spray Recipe:
- Peel your citrus fruit and cut the peels into small pieces so that they fit in your bottle. Fill 50% of the bottle with the peels previously cut into small pieces (be careful not to cut them too big because they have to come out).
- Fill the bottle to the brim with the vinegar and leave to macerate for 1 to 2 months in the dark. Prepare several bottles this way, so you will always have stock on hand.
- Once maceration is complete, strain the macerate using a linen kitchen towel or organic cotton cheesecloth. Reserve the peels and the macerate.
- Using the graduated jug, mix 1/3 of the macerate with 2/3 of osmosis water.
- Pour the mixture from your vaporizer and you're done.
- You can mix the rest of your macerate with reverse osmosis water in the same proportions and keep your mixture in an airtight bottle and protected from light for better efficiency. This way, you can refill your vaporizer whenever you want.
- Do not throw away your peels directly, they can be used to deodorize your interior. Rinse them and boil them in water. The water vapor thus loaded with citrus will perfume your interior. You can repeat up to 3 times before throwing them in your compost.
Use of Natural Multi-Purpose Cleansing Spray:
Spray your multi-purpose cleaning spray and rub with a damp sponge or cloth. Ideal for enamel, stainless steel, glass, plastic surfaces as well as hobs and splashbacks. However, avoid using it on wood, aluminum or waxed or lacquered surfaces. There is no need to rinse.
Store away from heat and light.